Release Date: February 14, 2015
zAgileConnect v1.6 now supports both types of hosted JIRA environments:
- on-premise (behind corp. firewall, aka JIRA Server)
- on-demand (hosted by Atlassian, aka JIRA Cloud)
The core theme of this release is to provide this support in a single Salesforce package.
- JIRA issue update allows agents to Close, Resolve and Reopen issues, fully exposing the issue transitions in Salesforce
- Issue custom object is now implemented to enable development of reports in Salesforce that include issue attributes and the relationship between case and issue
- Related issue panel in Salesforce is also supported in mobile devices.
- Configuration of issue and case fields to be shared between Salesforce and JIRA have been moved to Salesforce package administration
- OAuth is now implemented on both sides
Upgrading to Release 1.6 (for JIRA on-premise)
It is strongly advised that all upgrades be first performed in a sandbox environment of both Salesforce and JIRA
The following steps must be followed for upgrading to zAgileConnect 1.6 from prior releases.
- Perform a backup of JIRA active objects data that stores Case-Issue relationship details. This option is available in JIRA plugin admin section.
- Update zAgileConnect JIRA plugin to 1.6 (from Atlassian Marketplace). All previous settings will be retained during this update.
- Upgrade zAgileConnect Salesforce package to 1.6 (from Salesforce AppExchange). The upgrade will retain existing configuration settings.
- Re-authenticate JIRA to Salesforce using OAuth credentials.
- In Salesforce package configuration:
- reauthenticate to JIRA,
- reconfigure default values for JIRA project and isssue type
- reconfigure Case properties to send to JIRA
- configure JIRA issue properties to pull into Salesforce
- select 'Refresh JIRA Issue Data in Salesforce' option to retrieve and cache all Case IDs that have related JIRA issues.
- Review and update other configurations as appropriate.